Why choose the Ecotube™ kit?
The Ecotube™ solar thermal system uses the sun’s free natural energy to heat water to reduce household bills and the householders’ carbon footprint on the environment.
Of all the commercially available renewable energy systems, solar thermal is the easiest and least contentious to install. Unlike wind turbines, solar heating is silent, visually unobtrusive, will not damage buildings, and can be installed effectively almost anywhere.
After insulation and energy-saving light bulbs, a high quality solar hot water heating system (such as the Ecotube) is the most cost-effective and environmentally friendly way of reducing household energy bills.
As well as heating domestic hot water the Ecotube™ system is an excellent renewable energy solution for swimming pool water heating.
10m DN16 2 in 2 Preinsulated, Flexible, Solar Hose
- Flexible hose with integral insulation enables protected pipework to be run with minimum joints reducing risk of leaks as well as enhancing finish and improving installation time.
- Insulation: 150°C resistant closed cell EPDM, thickness 14mm, thermal conductivity λ=0.038W/(mK).
- Sensor Cable: 2 core, 0.75mm2, silicone rubber 175°C.
End fitting BSP thread 3/4”, Max working pressure @20°C 16 bar, Dimensions W x H 90 x 50 mm.
- Set of 4 Solar Hose fixing brackets (set of 8 for East/West system), pack of fittings for stainless flexihose (2 of for E/W system).
Ecotube™ Panel Specifications
- Solar Keymark (registration no.) - 011-7S225 R
- Conformance - DIN EN12975
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme - MCS1255
- Switzerland (testing station)
949 kWh / panel / year 852 kWh / m˛ / year
810 kWh / panel / year 727 kWh / m˛ / year
- Gas displacement - 153.9kg CO2 / year
- Electricity displacement - 348.3kg CO2 / year
- Dimensions - 2230 x 720 x 135
- Weight - Empty - 40kg - Full - 42kg
- Net aperture area - 1.114m˛
- Net absorber area - 1.069m˛
- Number of tubes - 6
- Diameter of tube – 100mm
Pump Station & Solar Controller
Single & Double panel systems: Flowcon S Pumpstation c/w BS/3 Solar controller.
- Single line pump station, dial pressure gauge, 3 or 6 bar pressure relief valve, flowmeter, fitted with manual air vent, filling and flushing unit, wall mounting kit, insulated casing.
- Resol Delta Sol BS/3 Controller - easy to read multi-display screen with backlighting that allows the user to view the operating status of the system.
East/West System: Flowcon D2F Pumpstation, BS plus Solar Controller.
- Three line pump station, flow and return thermometers, dial pressure gauge, 3 or 6 bar pressure relief valves, flowmeter, filling and flushing unit, wall mounting kit, insulated casing.
- Resol Delta Sol BS plus Controller - easy to read multi-display screen with backlighting that allows the user to view the operating status of the system.
- Protects the system under stagnation conditions.
- Comes with mounting bracket with quick release coupling.
- Quick release coupling means EV can be serviced without system draindown.
Automatic Air Vent
- DZR Brass casing with stainless steel float. Can withstand continuous temperature of 150 deg C.
- Isolation Valve, Air Separator.
10L Tyfocor LS System Solution
- Ready mixed antifreeze affording protection to -28°C with a continuous temperature capacity of 170°C.
Panel Mounting Kit
- Pitched Roof: LS2 Solar Roof Flashings set of 2 (set of 4 for E/W system), HT Insulation, Roof Fixing Bolts (2/panel).
- Flat Roof: 4 rubber padstones/panel.
- Wall Mounted: Wall hanging brackets and fixings.
* Kit also includes Installation Guide, User Manual, Warranty Registration Card, Important User Notes card, 2 x 2m 13mm thick pipe insulation.